F o o d   F o r   L i f e

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Quest for Pasta Perfection #1: Spicy Prawn Mexicana

I love pasta. As a pasta aficionado, I decided to document my pasta cooking adventures to share my discoveries on the intricacies of pasta perfection..........mmmm..........I love pasta......did I mention that before??

Anyway, Pat got me a pasta cookbook recently and to show my appreciation, I cooked her a pasta lunch. As my cooking experiences aren't exactly extensive, I chose the relatively easy Spicy Prawn Mexicana. This is a bit of a cheat's recipe since the sauce is based on store bought salsa. All you need is:

700g prawns, shelled and deveined
1 chilli, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
1 jar of hot salsa
1 cup of cream
500g rigatoni
parsley to garnish

Ingredients for Spicy Prawn Mexicana: prawns, chilli, garlic, spring onion, parsley, hot salsa, rigatoni pasta and cream.

To make the sauce, fry the chilli, garlic and green onion until fragrant.

Add the prawns...

then the salsa and cream...

and cook until the prawns are done. Serve with al dente rigatoni pasta and garnish with parsley.

The sauce was surprisingly good, even though it tasted mostly of salsa. I'd consider making my own salsa next time but seeing as the kitchen did not set alight and nobody keeled over from food poisoning, I'll count this as a success :).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • What's the verdict, Pat? How many YUMS from you? Barilla pasta is the best eh!

    By Blogger Food For Life, at 1:17 pm  

  • Hmm... I'd say 2.5 yums :) There's room for improvement :P.

    By Blogger Tamtims, at 1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home